57th Inner Ear Biology Workshop
Original contributions on the following topics are encouraged:
- Cochlear implant and implantable prosthesis
- Developmental biology
- Drug delivery systems
- Ear Physiology
- Genetics of hearing loss and Gene therapy
- Imaging and anatomy
- Immunology of inner ear
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss
- Pharmacology of inner ear
- Physiopathology of Auditory Pathways
- Regeneration and Stem cells
- Vestibular disorders
- Other (please specify)
To send your abstract you will have to access the ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM and register as a new user: after inserting your personal data the system will assign you a UserID and a PIN code to access the submission system. Abstracts must be submitted online only:
Before starting the submission process, please check the submission guidelines:
- Abstracts should only be submitted online
- The deadline for abstract submission (oral and poster presentations) is
April 20th, 2020
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed above
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: HEA (Higher Education Area), before being used as an abbreviation only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Keywords: list 3-5 keywords under the abstract.
- Abstracts may not have more than 3000 digits including spaces.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference: oral or poster. The Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- After inserting your personal data in the online submission system, you will receive a confirmation by email with your login and password codes.
- After sending your abstract, you will receive an email with your userID and you abstract ID (PIN code) in case you want to access the system again to check your submission.
- If you encounter any problems during the submission process or if you wish to withdraw or amend your abstract or you do not receive any confirmation by email please contact the Conference Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to the corresponding author via email by May 15th, 2020.
The abstract book will be available on line as a PDF file and onsite as a USB flash drive. Submission of an abstract implies consent by the authors to have it published by the conference in the abstract book.
At least one author per presented abstract is requested to register at the IEB Workshop by
May 31st, 2020. Failure to register will result in the exclusion of the paper. Kindly advise if you wish to withdraw your abstract or if it cannot be presented for any other reason, so that the programme can be amended accordingly.
Abstract submission for oral and poster presentation by: April 20th, 2020
Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstract: May 15th, 2020
Early registration fee: May 31st, 2020
Deadline for authors’ registration: May 31st , 2020
Start of Symposium “Genes, genomes and hearing: from basic research to therapy”: September 12th, 2020
Start of IEB Workshop: September 13th, 2020
The Workshop will be held in a plenary section room. The duration of each oral presentation is 12 minutes plus 3 minutes for questions and answers. Presenters are requested to adhere strictly to the allocated speaking time. A total of 8 oral presentation could be presented per Section on different topics. Abstracts submitted for oral presentation could be assigned by the Advisory Board to be presented as a poster based on the date of submission and quality of material.
All presentations should be based on Microsoft PowerPoint. Speakers must bring their presentations to the "Slide Center" in one of the following formats:
- USB Flash drive or mobile hard disk
- CD-Rom or DVD
If you have movies/audio files in your presentation, please check in advance very carefully that it runs smoothly.
Speakers should contact the technicians in the "Slide Center" to upload their presentations at least two hours before the beginning of their session or in the late afternoon of the day before, in case of early morning presentations. Those with Apple-based presentations should make sure they are saved in a PC-compatible format.
Speakers will not be allowed to use their own laptop.
Posters are to be put up on the poster boards located in the poster area, on the board corresponding to the assigned poster number, in the morning of the day of the Poster Session, as described in the Congress Program. Posters will be on display until the end of the Workshop.
The IEB Workshop is not responsible for posters and materials left after the session.
Poster presenters should be available for discussion with Chairpeople and Delegates during their Poster Session.
Poster board dimensions are 100 cm wide (39 inch), 170 cm (67 inch) high (portrait orientation).
Pins and adhesives for fastening the poster will be provided by the Organizing Secretariat. The official language is English. No translation will be provided.